Monday, April 12, 2010

Lisa Raye Grazes Black Men Magazine, Speaks On Gold Digging & Vivica Fox...




 Lisa Raye on Black Men Magazine Photo Shoot“I’m so upset about that because let me tell you they were not supposed to use that picture. I was sick on that photo shoot. It was 23 degrees out there in that dessert. I didn’t feel pretty. I didn’t feel sexy. I was just like let me try to pull this off. In the midst of that you get a couple pictures that [are] not appropriate. You should have enough tastefullness and integrity about yourself as a photographer and as a publisher [to say], we are not going to use this shot because she was getting in to position. We are not going to use this butt shot because she’s an older woman, she’s a mother, and she’s not Diamond. And that’s exactly what it was. If you look at my facial expression on the cover, it’s almost if I’m going “huh?” I’ve been there done that. It took me right back to my video vixen Diamond days, which is not fair to me. It’s not fair to a former first lady and it’s not fair to a single mother who’s an older woman now.”
I was supposed to be teasing my male fan base and letting those forty year old women know that hey we can keep it together. We can be fine and fabulous at 42. And telling the twenty year olds to watch out honey cause the forties are the new twenties. That’s what it was supposed to be. He ruined that for me.

LisaRaye On People Labeling Her As A Gold Digger
The perception that they have of me — I could give less than a damn about. I say this to them. I dug for gold in high school. I’m a platinum girl now. I’m an international person. I don’t even like taking out the trash. I don’t dig for anything. I don’t have a garden either. Every relationship that you embark on is some kind of business relationship. You got to look at it that way. You got to protect yourself, not just from the man next door, or Uncle Sam, or the IRS, you got to protect yourself from anyone you’re in business with. So you better look for someone that’s going somewhere who’s trying to take you with them. Money attracts money. Power attracts power. You ain’t got to tell the white girls that. Look at Jackie Kennedy Onassis. She stepped from Kennedy to Onassis. Do you think she stepped from Kennedy to Burger King man? No.

On What She Would Like To Say To Vivica Fox After Their Falling Out
What couldn’t you put [some things] on the back burner and say my friend needs me? Let me go to her. You can’t be with me while the chips are down? But while things were good, ‘we flying over here.’ We at my house free styling and profiling and you can’t be there when I’m going through it. Huh I don’t need you. I definitely don’t need you while I’m on the up swing. It’s sad to me. That says a lot about a woman to me. That says a lot about a person’s character.

*I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YALL BUT RAYE RAYE (my nickname for her) IS THE ISH!!!! STILL! AT 40...you GO girl! Also her new reality show is on TVOne.....


No comments: